Welcome back! We hope you all had a wonderful winter and look forward to seeing you very soon.
The synagogue is re-opening with services beginning Friday, July 1st at 8:00pm and Saturday July 2nd services at 9:30 am. We are happy to announce that Rabbi Neal Loevinger will be returning as our spiritual leader, having impressed so many on Labor Day and the High Holidays last season. We had a wonderful summer last year and look forward to another just as nice. A note from ‘Rabbi Neal’ follows this letter.
Also, it is important to remember that a minyan is needed for those who wish to say kaddish. Your presence at services is vital. We may be able to arrange a ride if you need one.
Dates to remember:
- Services resume: Friday July 1, 8:00 PM; Saturday July 2, 9:30 AM
- NOTE: Join us for a special kickoff Shabbat this year, as our cantor, Lenny Zimmerman will be chanting his ‘bar mitzvah parsha’ Torah and haftorah. As always, a fabulous kiddush will follow!!
- Annual membership meeting: Thursday, July 14 – 10:30 am (Bagels, cake and coffee). Details to follow shortly.
- Shabbat Dinner: To be announced…….. Details to follow
- Erev Rosh Hashanah: Sun October 2, 2016 – Ticket info to follow in August.
We are in great need of volunteers. The entire Jewish community benefits from the presence of the synagogue. We are now in our 93rd year. Perhaps you can show your support in one way or another. Please let us know how you would like to help.
Also, please send any outstanding dues to the above address. If you have any questions, call Mary-Ellen Seitelman at (518) 339-3219 or send an e-mail to meseitel (at) aol.com.
On a sad note, long term congregant Nina Ziegler recently passed away. We extend our sincere condolences to her family and friends.
Wishing everyone a wonderful summer, and looking forward to seeing you at the synagogue.
Larry Seitelman, President